Command Advisory Group
|Phone: (847) 688-3680, ext 7263.
DSN: 792-3680, ext 7263.
| COL Nick Wittwer, (USA)
Analysis and Innovation
The Analysis and Innovation Division (AID) assists the Commander in visualizing, defining, and exploring unfamiliar concepts and problems and in developing approaches to solving them. It helps goal owners develop and evaluate functional area implications of strategic concepts and courses of action. This includes leading and assisting production of alternatives for accomplishing long-range objectives, task organizations, major operational tasks, and implementing concepts and conducting enterprise level risk assessments.
These duties are accomplished through a research, modeling, and analyses activities such as the following:
- Discovering and defining valid problems that require evaluation research •Defining end state conditions •Applying robust full-spectrum critical and analytic thinking to challenge assumptions and invite innovation •Conducting comprehensive operational and strategic environmental scanning to clarify and enrich understanding of the Command's operational and strategic environments, stakeholder and partner communities of interest, and the mission impacts of emerging technologies and business practices.
- Identifying requirements for future-focused program evaluations and recommending strategies for accomplishing the top priority evaluations •Conducting independent critical reviews and analysis of Command planning processes, planning factors, and operational concepts to identify potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Conducting enterprise problem solving through SWOT analyses, modeling, simulation, and special directed studies.
- Supporting Commander's special initiatives and events.
- Leading the Command's Research Program as directed by the Senior Leadership Council (SLC) and in partnership with academic institutions and other federal agencies.
- Partnering with the PA Division in coordinating externally on command level special initiatives with USMEPCOM Stakeholders and Partners and various research agencies.