Military Entrance Processing Station
In 1965, induction stations were officially changed to Armed Forces Examining and Entrance Stations. The Cleveland Station was located at 1370 Ontario Street in the Standard Building in downtown Cleveland. In July 1967, the station moved into the Anthony J. Celebreeze Federal Building located on East 9th Street in downtown Cleveland. This move was triggered by an increasing processing workload and provided the extra space required for processing applicants more efficiently. In January 1982, the name changed to the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS).
On April 17, 1998, the Cleveland MEPS processed its last applicant at the Federal Building and moved to a new location in Broadview Heights. Almost 10 years later, on October 29, 2007, the Cleveland MEPS opened the doors for business in it's new building located adjacent to the Cleveland - Hopkins International Airport.