Military Entrance Processing Station
The first Harrisburg Induction Station was established at 147 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, 1941. Before that time, all inductees were processed in Philadelphia. After the end of World War II, the induction responsibilities returned to Philadelphia.
During July 1956, the station reopened in Warehouse No. 1 (commissary) at New Cumberland Army Depot. In 1964, the commissary was expanded, forcing the station out; it then moved to a group of pre-World War II buildings below the golf house. It stayed here until it again moved in October 1997 to a single building on Westport Drive in Mechanicsburg, PA.