New York, NY
Military Entrance Processing Station

 

 

116 White Ave.
Fort Hamilton Military Community
Brooklyn, NY 11252-4705


Commander:
Lieutenant Colonel Ariel A. Pol
United States Army

Senior Enlisted Advisor:
First Sergeant B. Koss
United States Army


Find Us on Facebook Follow Us
Email Us Contact Us
Find Us Find Us
 
Phone: (929) 417-2777
Fax: (718) 765-7338 




 

The New York MEPS originated in 1886 at 39 Whitehall in Manhattan, New York. During this era it was known as an "Induction Center" and was collocated in a four-story building with a vegetable store. The building was later converted into an eight-story building with a portion designated as a barber shop used to shave the heads of individuals entering the military. After a bomb blast inside the building in October 1969, the then "Whitehall Examining and Entrance Station" moved to Fort Hamilton Army Post into a warehouse. It was later renamed the "New York MEPS." Over the years, it went through numerous renovations. Between November 1992 and July 1996, the New York MEPS went through a major 3.1 million dollar renovation. During this period, its mission also increased with the closing of the MEPS in Newark, New Jersey in 1995. It is now considered one of the two largest MEPS in the United States.